2021 MICRO/SMALL BUSINESS GRANT PROGRAM
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 30, 2021
Farmers & Merchants Bank was founded in 1907 on the principles of honesty, integrity, the home, the church, and service above self. Each year F&M Bank gives away more than $1 million to charities, non-profit organizations, and religious entities within the communities we serve.
In response to escalating need for pandemic relief resources, F&M Bank is committing $40,000 to support local micro or small businesses adversely impacted by COVID-19 who have been forced to make adjustments to stabilize the business while continuing to support the local community.
Eligible businesses may apply for a grant up to $5,000.
- For-profit micro/small business
- Currently less than 20 full-time employees
- Less than $1 million in gross annual revenue in 2020
- Currently located in Los Angeles, Orange, or Santa Barbara County
- In business at least two years (i.e. in operation since October 1, 2019)
- Adversely impacted by COVID-19
- Privately held corporation, a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or franchise.
- Charitable 501(c)3 organizations not eligible.
- Owners and/or franchises owned by the same owner are eligible for only one award.
- Gambling, gaming, cannabis dispensaries, drug paraphernalia, gun dealers, adult entertainment, money services, virtual currency, private ATM owner businesses, crowdfunding campaigns, political action committees, and pawn shops are ineligible.
- Preference will be given to businesses serving low to moderate income communities and/or those owned by a member of an underrepresented group (i.e. woman-owned, minority-owned, or LGBTIQ-owned).
- NO PURCHASE OR ACCOUNT OPENING AT F&M BANK IS NECESSARY TO APPLY. Being an F&M Bank Client or using any F&M or its affiliated entities’ products will not improve a business’s chance of being awarded a grant.
- F&M Bank reserves the right to change or update the criteria for participation or disbursement of grant funds at any time.
Grants of up to $5,000 will be awarded to eligible businesses until funds are depleted.
You may apply for a grant one of three ways
- Apply Online
- Download the application, complete, and email to Grants@fmb.com
- Download the application, print, complete, and mail to:
Farmers & Merchants Bank
Attn: Cheryl Ryman, CRA Officer
302 Pine Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802
The Grant Program is limited to one (1) application per business. The application must be legible and complete, meaning that it must contain your organization’s legal name, primary business address, and a valid phone number, otherwise, at the sole discretion of F&M Bank, the application may be disqualified. Applications become the property of F&M Bank and will not be acknowledged or returned. DO NOT INCLUDE SENSITIVE INFORMATION SUCH AS TAX ID NUMBER, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, DATE OF BIRTH, ACCOUNT NUMBERS, ETC.
For questions, contact F&M Bank at (562) 344-2368 or email Grants@FMB.com.
The application period closes Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 6:00p.m. PT.
Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
The grants will be awarded based on the program qualifications outlined in the eligibility section and selected by a Grants Selection Committee (the “Committee”) comprised of F&M Bank employees. Awardees will be contacted by phone by November 30, 2021.
Conditions of Participation
By accepting the grant, the recipient will agree to the following three requirements:
- Complete an IRS W-9 Form,
- Sign a Publicity Release consent form which allows F&M Bank the use of the awardee's name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by F&M Bank, or a party designated by F&M Bank, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law, and
- Participate in a follow-up consultation with F&M Bank approximately six months after receiving the grant funds.